Blog Description

"God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." Ephesians 1:5
"We love because he firstloved us." 1 John 4:19

Monday, March 26, 2012

Laundry laughs






Well, for your enjoyment, here's a "mommy of the year moment".  Not so much related to the adoption as a day in the life of the Hetzlers.  I care for a couple of cutie brothers aged 2 yrs and 6 months 2 days per week, both of whom are in diapers.  Baby Joel naps in Nathanael's room while he is at school.  Nathanael's laundry basket is next to his trash can in his room.  Well...  let's say I'm not such a great shot from across the room and apparently threw a diaper into the laundry basket last week.  No big deal unless you throw the whole basket in the washer a few days later, diaper and all.  That's exactly what I did and as I went to move Nathanael's clothes over from the washer to the dryer I found that they were covered in some mysterious gelatinous stuff.  I mean covered.  I finally figured out what it was and found myself in the back yard this morning shaking out each and every piece of clothing in the basket, white stuff flying, even the socks were full of diaper filament!  Annalise thought it was pretty funny and captured the not so great mommy moment on her hot pink camera she got for Christmas.  So, the clothes are back in the wash for a second round and we'll see what happens.  Nathanael, sorry buddy.  Hope you aren't gonna be wearing diaper fibers to school the next two months.  Maybe spring will save the day and we'll just move on to shorts.  Linda and Jane, if you are wondering why I showed up to Annalise's parent/teacher conference today looking like it had snowed on only me, now you know why.

I imagine our laundry mountains are only going to grow as we add our 2 more children!  I had better start stepping it up.  The last time I found myself scrubbing laundry in the outdoors was during our time in Uganda.  This morning as I was shaking diaper out of our Nathanael's clothes I couldn't help but think of another laundry laugh moment so I dug up the picture.  Notice the Ugandan girl in the background.  Shortly after this picture was taken, she walked over and said, "you look like you could use some help?", which was her gracious way of saying that I clearly did not know how to hand wash my clothes!  I'm surprised they didn't catch on fire as fast and furious as she scrubbed.  I watched in awe and humbly received her instruction.  What would she say if she could see me today shaking disposable diaper gel out of our clothes?!  N and A, our family is far from perfect and often even a mess in many ways but we promise we will love you and have lots of fun together!  Hurry up and get here.  And I promise, I'll try not to wash your clothes in baby diapers.





1 comment: