Blog Description

"God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." Ephesians 1:5
"We love because he firstloved us." 1 John 4:19

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Waiting... a glimmer of hope

We are awaiting a report from our agency letting us know of any hopeful and necessary developments.  As I posted earlier, our attorney's assistant made it into Goma last week and was working to light a fire and get some paperwork moving.  He has now returned to Kinshasa so we are anxiously and prayerfully waiting to hear hopefully that something has finally started moving!!!  If it has not, we were lovingly told that it will not likely be able to progress especially now that there is no one there pushing it.  It is all very complicated and too much detail to share here but we hope that we will only have good news and be able to get back on the "adoption train" with precious N and A.  We have been praying for God to move mountains and we know He can.  We also trust Him enough to know that whatever He has planned is best.   

Overlooking the Nile River 1 yr ago, praying for our kids.  Still waiting and praying.
Meanwhile, my new friend (mentioned in the previous post below) whom you can learn more about here, sent us a brochure in the mail.  At the time they made up the brochure, they had no idea that the kids pictured there are our kids!  I can't believe it, I have a brochure pleading for the sponsorship of the kids in our orphanage so that they can all eat.  And on the front is a big picture of our very own A that I have just fallen in love with.  She is smiling!!!  And sadly very thin with a poked out belly and shaved head.  Poor baby.  I can't wait to get her home, feed her, give her a good warm bath, snuggle her up in a warm towel, lotion her, put her in her new pj's that I have been holding onto for months, sing to her, rock her, and put a bow on that bald little head!!!  When I thanked this mother who sent the pictures from her recent visit to the orphanage she said, your son was the other child in the brochure and at the time I didn't even know they belonged to you.  Huhh?!?!?!?!  I couldn't believe it.  I had already poured over every child in the pictures to find him but I couldn't recognize him.  I think I now know which one he is but it's crazy that even though I have stared at his sweet little face many a time in the only picture we had previously had of him, I couldn't even recognize him from a different angle, different expression.  They are so adorable.  I don't know if that is just because I see them through the eyes of a mother but I already love them and think they are so cute.  I have that same ridiculous pride over them that any mother has over her children.

Lastly, our agency's International Director and his Assistant are going back to the Congo this week for their second trip.  This is a crucial trip for all of the Congo families as they are making major decisions on our behalf and on the behalf of all of the families and children who will come after us.  Please pray for their safety and for God's wisdom and favor as they navigate this treacherous and beautiful thing called Congolese adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment