Blog Description

"God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." Ephesians 1:5
"We love because he firstloved us." 1 John 4:19

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hopeful Update

We are currently awaiting approval for Humanitarian Parole.  It is very rare but in circumstances as dire as these, it can occasionally be granted.  This would mean the children could leave Goma immediately and come into the US.  The hang up with this is that they would have to come out through Rwanda and there are ethical tensions that complicate the process.  Best case scenario would be a combination of Humanitarian Parole and the second possibility below.

Secondly, our agency just informed us that there is the very near possibility of them flying out to Kinshasa on a humanitarian flight across the country (to the safe side of Congo) with an Immigrations Director.  He is flying into Goma tomorrow night in the first humanitarian flight to the area.  He will speak with the orphanage director and they will discuss possible arrangements.  I don't know what would be to discuss!!!!!  They are asking the Committee to move ahead with the current documents we have and finalize the adoption since Goma will not be operational in the courts for the remainder of the process.  Or if not, see if Kinshasa can file the rest of the process.  The latter could still take a while but at least they would be safe  in the waiting.

I am a little bit in shock as we just received the news about the humanitarian flight possibility.  We are still not getting too excited because there are a lot of "ifs".  Thank you to all of you for your friendship, support, and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. I have been constantly praying for a solution to bring these kids out of Goma to a safer place. I will continue to storm the doors for all of the kids there.